Sunday, February 26, 2012

Cherry To My Sundae (Plus Extra Marshmallows)

Expect the unexpected. True enough, that day after I bowed in front of everyone during my graduation, I got the job I applied for. It was truly unexpected. Who would really believe that I got a job after I got off the stage? I do not know which one made me happier that day--graduating or receiving a call telling me that I got the position I applied for. What I knew was I am happy. I know I made my parents happy too when I told them about the good news--and the extra good news. Who wouldn't be happy eating a sundae with extra toppings on it? ;)


I considered getting hired as an achievement, because it meant I mean something to someone. In this case, I meant something to the company. They might have seen something in me that I didn't see. It might be a hidden potential that is just waiting to be tapped. I am a self-concious person and most of the time, insecurities get me. Like monsters underneath my bed, these were what keeps me hold back when it comes to pursuing something. I feel like at the end of the day, I won't get what I want. My plans won't workout the way I thought it should be. Maybe, I settled to be just an average person wherein as a matter of fact, there are tons of chances that I could have been a better person. Now that I have a job, I feel better about myself. I can finally say "I can do it" and live every single word of that phrase.

My parents, as always, were my inspiration in whatever I do. I always try to remember their sacrifices for me whenever I am on the verge of giving up.I am happy that I was able to fulfill their dreams for me--to graduate in college and get a good job.


It is now time to pay back to my parents who inspired me to do good in my craft. More than financial support, I give my parents the idea that I am now starting to continue their work on building my future. The time has come to finally let me handle the baton, just like in a sprint relay, and continue running the race while I let them sit back and relax. It is nice to see the look of contentment from my parents--a look that tells me they have finally fulfilled their mission as their parents.

Group photo with my colleagues

I am now enjoying my job and I can say that being hired is more than just receiving a payslip every month. I could never ask for more.


1 comment:

joy said...

congratulation! It seems to me na you are a good girl. You deserve to be there. Good luck!